About Anxiety UK
Anxiety UK is a national registered charity that has been working for nearly 50 years to support those living with anxiety disorders, stress and anxiety-based depression.
Anxiety UK provides a variety of innovative and high quality services that are delivered by professionals and supported by staff and volunteers with personal experience of anxiety and stress disorders.
Call the CIOB Benevolent Fund Team on 01344 630877
The CIOB Benevolent Fund’s partnership with Anxiety UK means that CIOB Members and their dependent family members are eligible to receive support from Anxiety UK.
Every beneficiary who reaches out for support through this partnership will receive a year’s Anxiety UK membership, which will include complementary access to further, wider support if required.
A new resource for CIOB members
The CIOB Benevolent Fund is providing the resources with which to offer the service of support for wellbeing and mental health, without any cost to a member/qualifying person. This is a new, vital service available to members, past and present, who need wellbeing support.
The service of referral for a wellbeing and support assessment is available to any qualifying person (past/present member or dependent family member and/or member of CIOB staff). An assessment will be conducted to determine the support that is required.
Wellbeing Support Services
If you are affected by anxiety, stress or anxiety-based depression you will be able to seek support in the form of:
- Client-centred, professional assessment services with onwards support of tailored therapy
- 1:1 Psychological Therapy services such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), counselling and clinical hypnotherapy via the national Anxiety UK Approved Therapist network
How to apply for wellbeing support
- Contact the CIOB Benevolent Fund Team on 01344 630877
- You will then be referred to Anxiety UK
- Anxiety UK will contact the enquirer to conduct the assessment within 2-5 days
- Recommendations following an assessment are sent to the CIOB Benevolent Fund Team for approval
- Therapy will begin once approved, normally within 2-3 weeks
All enquiries that are referred to Anxiety UK will remain confidential. The CIOB Benevolent Fund Team will not be party to the private and personal information that a member may share with Anxiety UK.