CIOB Benevolent Fund: Privacy Notice
The CIOB Benevolent Fund will process your personal information to verify membership status and to communicate with you in relation to matters which stem from your contact with the CIOB Benevolent Fund. This may include (although will not be limited to):
- Accessing your CIOB membership information to confirm your identity when speaking with you about the nature of your enquiry, or providing information and advice via email.
- Processing your application for financial assistance from the CIOB Benevolent Fund and any consequential matters therein.
- Where you have provided explicit consent for us to do so, approach other charitable organisations for the purposes of obtaining their support/contribution where this might assist you.
- Sharing your banking information with CIOB Finance Department in relation to processing payments of approved financial assistance into your nominated bank account by way of Bank Automated Credit System (BACS).
We process this information in order to comply with our legal obligations.
Your information will be stored securely on either the CIOB’s systems, or on Microsoft Office 365 and Azure platforms which adheres to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and EU Model Clauses, with data stored in the UK and Europe. This storage will include the use of our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases, file stores, finance systems and email accounts. Additional security measures that the CIOB has in place include its adherence to PCI-DSS standards, password policies and laptop encryption. The CIOB also provides all staff with training on the principles of data protection and security.
The CIOB undertakes the processing of grant payments and Trustees oversee the applications. The data that you provide us with will be stored securely and confidentially on a dedicated partition of the CIOB’s Central Server and accessed solely by the Secretary of the CIOB Benevolent Fund.
We may also share your data with companies who help us provide our services, including our IT service providers who store backup data. We are satisfied that all our providers are complying with their data protection obligations.
We will keep your data securely on a dedicated and secure partition on the CIOB’s Central Server and will retain a full record of your contact with the CIOB Benevolent Fund for up to 10 years in order to enable us to offer continuity of service to you, following which it will be destroyed.
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time. The CIOB Benevolent Fund recognises the importance of confidentiality in every facet of its work in advising and supporting CIOB members.
You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You have the right:
- To ask us not to process your personal data for any purposes beyond those for which you have contacted the CIOB Benevolent Fund. We will not use your data for any reason other than for processing your request/application for assistance and administering payment/s to you by way of financial assistance;
- To request from us access to personal information held about you;
- To ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- To ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate ground for processing, the data is unlawfully processed or the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation;
- To ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
- To ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details below.
In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
The CIOB Benevolent Fund is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office: ZA411111
Registered Charity No. (England and Wales) 1013292 Registered Charity No. (Scotland) SCO48726 Company No: 2733932